Monday, February 6, 2012

Messy Fridge magnets...

I Love Magnets!
I get a new one whenever we visit a new place.
Besides postcards they are usually the
cheapest and most compact souvenirs.
However said magnets are never uniform
shaped, in fact I always go for the
most unique, odd shaped ones.
Magnets go on the fridge right?
Of course they do, but after a
while you fridge looks pretty messy.

With the girls' toys and other baby
items its are adding up and the house
is getting crazier and crazier.
I've been trying to find ways to
minimize the clutter to no avail.
It's impossible, so instead I go back
to my ways of doing thing before the
girls and try to sort from there.

While working on my latest layout I
printed all my photos then decided they
were too big, and I wanted to use
special frames so I reprinted.

I gave my husband and dad
a print each and I kept one.
My husband then asked for a clear
acrylic magnet frame to put the photo in
to place in his locker at work.
We got one and he placed it on the fridge.

Omg when I noticed inspiration hit!
All the magnets are coming down!
We're getting all acrylic frames and the
mass of baby photos are going up!

Won't that look like clutter too? Maybe?
Ahhh but I have idea maybe it they
are all sepia it'll look cohesive.
Maybe....

Here's the before:
Sorry for got to get a photo of the side.


Here's the after:


Wal-Mart had these frames for about
$1 each and slowly I'll collect more
and finish the side of the fridge.
Maybe...

I used acrylic paper from Making
Memories to place into the smaller
frames for a more artsy look.
Then my darling Husband was supposed
to hang this dry eraser board up on the
nursery door months ago, but never did.
I'm kinda happy he didn't!
I added magnet strips to the back and hung
it up over the ice/water dispenser.
It fits perfect and we can jot down items
we did to restock for future shopping trips.

The old magnets found a new home
on the fridge in the garage.
I'm starting to like
it just the way it is.

Happy Scrappin'!

No comments:

Pages