Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Unity Girl Challenge

I missed last week's Unity challenge as I was getting a few other projects out of the way.  But this week I was determined to use my most recent order from Unity Stamp Co.  

For this challenge I choose to use Adaline Girl as my image.  I stamped using black Momento ink on water color paper.  I then used clear embossing power to add extra dimension.  This also helps keep the water colors from running.   Once colored with water colors and dry I applied a masking fluid to the colored image to protect it from the color wash I planned to do next.  It's important for the masking fluid to be completely dry before painting over it.

I wet the paper first using my aqua brush then added color and blended where needed.  Again it need to dry, but once dry I rubbed off the fluid to reveal my full image.  I then tore the right side to give it more detail and added a bit of watercolor and Wink of Stella.  I added vellum torn and shimmer twine, a button and Wink of Stella to add some more shimmer throughout.

For the backing I added denim paper for texture.  I stamped "Proud of you" on vellum, again embossing it.  The stamp set I used was Bitty Regards.  I mounted it on purple paper. And added to the card using foam dots.

I'm so excited to see this card completed.
Below is also a photo of most the products I used.

Happy Craftin'!



No comments:

Pages