Thursday, March 31, 2016

Poppies

       I've been in love with Poppy stamps from Unity Stamp Co. and recently ordered two wonderful sets made by Donna Downey.  These stamps are beautiful and HUGE!
 
       This card was made using You Are Important.  The flower measures approximately  7 1/2" long and 5" wide.   I stamped and heat embossed the image on kraft paper.   I water colored the flower and added a bit of sparkle with a jelly pen.  I used a beautiful frame embossing folder from Darcie on both the mat and the flower image. I cut down the flower image down just enough to live a thin layer of the embossed frame.  Washi tape was added to make a belt and a bow.  I cinched the bow with a brad.   
 
 
 
       Donna Poppies is a gorgeous set! It's a two layer stamp set.  The largest poppy is about 4" x 3" and the smaller one is 3 1/2" x 2 1/4".   I stamped the flower in red ink and stamped the outline in black on kraft paper. The ink once dry was pretty but washed out.  So I stamped again and because the ink was still wet I embossed it with clear embossing powder.  It gave the red a wonderful vibrant color.  Doing double layered stamps often gives a bit of miss stamping, but it makes for a wonderful way to add interest.   In this case I used the opportunity to shadow the stamp in those missed spots with a white color pencil.   I stamped quite a few card toppers and made some simple cards as the background alone gives a card plenty of interest.   I love these stamps and can't wait to make more.




No comments:

Pages