Saturday, April 2, 2016

Lil' Bunny Peeps

Spring is in the air and bunnies are everywhere.
In another post I mentioned  the girls and I made seed bombs for family and friends.
We put them in little strawberry cartons wrapped in clear bags. There bout 20 - 25 in each carton and we made 3 large cartons.  We have plenty more little seed balls to and filled about 10 mini favor boxes to had out to visitors and teachers.  I made tags using Lil' Bunny Peeps stamp from  Unity Stamp CO.   I stamped on pattern paper using Memento Ink and heat embossed using clear powder.   I fussy cut each pair of bunnies and put them on simple tags. 
 
On the back instructions were included that read :
 
"Please enjoy these compostable wildflower seed balls.   Planting them is such a cinch.
 
Just throw them into soil and watch them grow. For best results choose a location that receives consistent sun and rain. " 
 
       I wanted to make a few spring time cards to have on hand and used the Lil Bunny Peeps Stamp again.  I stamped on vellum paper using Memento ink and heat embossed with clear powder.   I used a foam mat under my images and used a stylus to rub on the outlines of the stamp to add more deapth and interest. Once done I made bases using the Dutch Fold Card method.   This video is easy to follow.
 
       I used pattern paper and denim paper for my layers.  I measured the inside of my mat on the top flap and cut and tore my bunnies to fit.   I then hand stitched my vellum to my top mat and adhered it to a mini doilie on the flap and back ground mat. Butterflies and flowers in scrap paper were added to give it more detail.   
 

No comments:

Pages