Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Odd bird

       During March I signed up for a Ribbon Themed Card Swap.  I had a hard time thinking of what I wanted until Unity Stamp Co. posted a weekly sketch challenge.  I turned the sketch and used different ribbons to make the strip of pattern paper.  For the image and sentiment I used the November Kit of the Month called Best Year Yet. 
 
       I stamped in black Memento Ink on water color paper and heat embossed using clear embossing powder.  Once I water colored and let the image dry I applied masking fluid over the stamped image and let it dry.  Drying time often takes about an hour.   I used my aqua pens to wet the paper and added purple, yellow, and teal to the background.  I did the same for a scrap piece of paper and used it for the sentiment.  I used glossy accents over the sentiment to make it pop.  This was a fun and quirky stamp to work with.   
 
 

No comments:

Pages