Thursday, April 14, 2016

Flora and Fawna

        A local group does a Dine & Swap night where once a month we all go to dinner together and swap cards.  Every month is a different theme.  February was Easter/Spring.  March was Flora & Fauna.
 
       Hobby Lobby carries a few of the House Mouse Stamps and I have been really wanting one for a while and this gave me a reason to give in.  This stamp is called "She Loves me." Plus it was a crop day at Hobby Lobby which means SHOPPING!  I had my basic tools with me but I purchased the stamp, papers and mini dollie back there and began my project. 
 
       I stamped the image with Memento Black Ink on watercolor paper and used clear embossing powder.  I then water colored my image.  I used a two piece gate fold tutorial to make my card base. Once I pieced my card together I felt like it need a bit more to the image and my dear crop friends suggested and one let me use Stickles to add to the card. 
 
       I love the look of stickles but I hate waiting for it to dry.  I'm not good at being patient. Lucky there were shelves hanging up high so I placed the image there to dry while I worked on something else.  This Double Dutch Card is cute and fun. 
 
       During our dine & swap everyone created one card with the theme and put it in a pile.  Everyone randomly gets a card as we go around the table.  Lucky Momma got my card this month!  

No comments:

Pages