Friday, October 12, 2012

31 Days of Monster SMASH! Day 12

Zentangle!!
Zentangle/ Doodle a whole page with 1 word or phrase on it.

This was truly a challenge for me!
I've done a few little zentangles/doodles but never a whole page.
To sit still that long to complete it was also a challenge.
(With a Migrane too! And my little Cupcakes
coming up to say "Hi", then using the clipboard
as a drum, yes a major challenge. )

I used quite a few methods to get my images. 
Cheating as it may be called. 
I used two stamps, one for the
flowers and one for spots.
I also used a diecut butterfly
from my stash to trace around.
All my inspriation for patters were from
three Zentangle books I bought earlier this year.
 Zentangle Basics
Suzanne McNeill
 Yoga for Your Brain a Zentangle Workout
Sandy Steen Bartholomew
Totally Tangled
Sandi Steen Bartholomew
 
The process started October 11 about 10pm.
Finally Completed October 13 about 12am.
There were lots of breaks and even a nap :).
 
Here it is before I added color.

Here it is after. 
Normally I would preffer the above photo, but I felt I
needed to try something different and I'm happy I did.
So, have you Zentangled? 

1 comment:

KerriNZ said...

okay so I didn't do a whole page..but this was my 1st attempt on a envelope...which mind you I cut to fit my smash book hehe

loveeeeee your page,love the colors,its awesome

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/sexymummie2005/scrap%20related%20things/TOSH0098.jpg

Pages