Most Recent Favorite Recipe –
What’s the most recent tried and fell in love with?
Pinterest is so many ideas for crafts,
and recipes it's making my head spin!
But this recipe we've already used 3 times and my husband & I LOVE it!
A Two Bite Breakfast: Bacon & Eggs in Toast Cups
- 6 slices of bread
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with butter non-stick spray.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut circles out of bread slices about 3 inches in diameter. (I confess I do not have a cookie cutter so I use the lid to my tub of orzo pasta and just cut around the edges ;D)
- Take bread circles and press them into the muffin pan, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high. Cook bacon on the skillet until partially cooked but still pliable, about 3 minutes.
- Shape bacon strips into the toast cups, fill with 1 Tbs of shredded cheese. Place in the oven for 5 minutes, allowing the bacon to toast just a little more. Remove from oven.
- Crack your egg and separate out most of the egg white. Drop eggs into the cups, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Place back in the oven and cook until white begins to set, about another 8 – 10 minutes. The yolk should be creamy.
- Remove from oven when done and pop out using a spoon, serve warm.