Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Heart Flower Tutorial

You know those cute little lolli pop flowers? Well we're going to take it a little further with hearts.

Tools need to make paper Flowers:
• Scissors or Cricut (I used the Plantin School Book Cartridge)
• White Paint
• Paint Brush
• Brads
• Spray Bottle or Glitter Water Spray (Optional)
• Hole Punch (I used my Big Bite Crop-a-dile, the smaller hole)
• Your choice of Card Stock or heavy weight pattern paper
• Distresser (Optional) (I don’t use it)

Step One:
Pick your card stock. You can pick 1 paper or a few.



Step Two:
Cut out your hearts.

If you hand cut them you don’t have to follow sizes just make them one bigger than the last.
Made with hearts.
1st layer 3 small hearts
2nd layer 4 bigger hearts
3rd layer 5 bigger hearts
4th layer 6 bigger hearts


*You only need one set of each size to make a flower.
I did 2 sets of each size to make a second flower.

Step Three:
Paint the edges of the hearts

(You can distress the edges first if you’d like.)
You can either let them dry or get a little messy!



Step Four:
Punch a hole in the pointed end of the hearts.



Step Five:
Pick your brad, I chose silver just because.



Step Six:
Stack the hearts from smallest on top to largest on bottom.
Put Brad through holes and secure.

Because I choose to do three sheets of hearts I was able to do 1 of each color in a solid flower and 3 that were all mixed up.
1st layer 3 small hearts
2nd layer 4 bigger hearts
3rd layer 5 bigger hearts
4th layer 6 bigger hearts


Step Seven:
Lay out your flowers over paper towels and pray with water to moisten.



Step Eight:
Start to mold your flowers with lefts and cripples to add texture.

You might have to moisten them more to mold the lower layers.
Flatten out for better use on Layouts and card or leave as a Bulb.


Step Nine:
Let dry overnight before using is best.





~~Note: This is not an orginial idea of my own but that of a tally sister!
We can all say thank you to her for this awesome idea.

3 comments:

Susan said...

These flowers are beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to try them.

Rowee said...

oMG, kRISTIN, THE FLOWERS ARE REALLY FAB!!! tHANKS FOR THE TUTORIAL DEAR!!!

HUGS
rOWEE

Stacy Milford said...

fab tutorial! tfs! btw-I am posting the sweet award you gave me on my blog tonight...sorry it took so long, but I didn't forget! take care!

Pages