Saturday, July 4, 2009

SPCC - Color Combo #4/Bitten by the Bug

This week's combo at Scrapmaster’s Paradise Color Combos is great for this time of year! It's nice and bright and so summer! As some of you have guessed I have a thing for birdhouses. They are super tiny but so much fun to decorate! And this color combo was perfect. Not only is this being entered in for SPCC but it's also being entered into the latest Bitten by the Bug challenge that asks that use at least 1 yellow button, have a SUMMER THEME, and at least one cut from ANY of the cricut cartridges.

This week's color combo:


My Project:





You can find this small bird house at Dollar Tree or Joanns both for $1. Walmart & Michael's also sell raw birdhouses. The range from $2.50-$7.00 depending on the size and the details. My bird house stands at 5.25" high and 3.25" wide.

To start off a bird house I use spray wood stain. Once dry and wiped down, I then begin by making a template for the front and back of the house where the points and the holes are. Once they are close enough to my liking I'll cut the pp to size with all the holes. The sides are easy just a rectangle piece of pp. Depending on the roof I can use one piece of paper, but in this case I used 3 pp cut into strips and used my crimper for texture.

The eves are fun. I've used lace in the past but with this one I used pp & an EK success punch to make it look like lace then added thin ribbon on the top for extra detail. I tried something different with the bottom edging this time, I stamped it with pink ink and used extra thick embossing powered to make it bubble. Once everything was it place I was able to embellish with blue pp punched butterflies, ribbon & buttons in this week's colors, and layered primas.

The Birdie was made using the Home Decor Cricut Cart and it's 1 1/2" dial size. The entry to the bird house is actually a wooden "O" that I inked and embossed for more of glaze effect.

20 comments:

suzARTe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suzARTe said...

don't know if my original comment went through. This project is amazing. Such detail, great colours and obviously alot of work. It looks fantastic, Well done.

Susan said...

Your little birdhouse is unbelievably cute!

Millie said...

Absolutely wonderful!!! Where did you get the raw birdhouse?

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Such a pretty birdhouse. Great use of colors and embellies.

Jen Young said...

WOW! This is great! I really like the birdhouse! Great colors!

- - Sheryl - - said...

so cute! I was just in Joanns - bummer....guess another trip soon :^)
Have a great day.

Terria said...

Wow !! very creative I love it :)

Stacy Milford said...

WOW! This is an amazing project! Love it!

Sammye Jo said...

Adorable Kristin! Love it!

Joan said...

Wow, this is so super pretty! I love the roof and all your wonderful details.

Regina Easter said...

YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, THIS IS TO ADORABLE....HUGS

Julie said...

Your project is gorgeous! I admire your ability to make that!

Tamaroo said...

Your project is just amazing! You did a lot of work on this and it shows!

Tamaroo said...

Your project is just amazing! You did a lot of work on this and it shows!

Kristina said...

Awesome project! That is way cool.

Cristina said...

OUTSTANDING!!! YoU are very talented!!! Very Cuuuuuute!!!

thescrapmaster said...

Kristin!! This is so gorgeous!!! I am just blown away by your talent. You impress me every week with something new and fabulous.
Hugs,
Samantha
SP Color Combos Creator
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

Judy said...

very nice I have a blog award for you :)

Crystal said...

this is absolutely stunning! i hopped over from bbtb and am so glad i did! this project is just divine! you are amazing!

Pages