Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Ladies!

Happy Mother's Day everyone! That includes all ladies with "real" human children and those of us with Fur Babies and such.

I'm so excited!! I wasn't happy at all with how gifts went with mom this year. We're the type of family that if we all go out and one of us sees something we might like for our next birthday or holiday one of the others will get it for that person on the spot. I did that last weekend with mom. She was getting 1 of the Mexican dolls she wanted and couldn't take the second one that matched (it was a boy and girl set) so I got it for her. So she already knew that was her mother's day gift. How boring and so not fun.

Joe and I went to St. David today to the craft show and I didn't find a thing suitable enough. I have one little thing stashed but it's dinky. So I stayed bummed. As I was organizing my bead stash I came across a few picture charms and had the bestest idea!

I printed tiny pictures, 1 of each of her doggies and 1 of her and dad and placed them in the charms. Then I beaded two bracelets, one onyx and one tiger eye each with matching earrings. The charms have special places to dangle on the bracelets. Mom might not like the charm bracelet idea though to I included a large safety pin she can wear on a jacket or shirt and attach the charms.





Totally last minute but so very cool!

We're going to try and take mom to dinner tonight. I asked Justin to get flowers for her on his way home from work. I think I'll make her wait all day for her gift. LOL! I say that but I'm so not good at surprises!

What are your plans for the day? What did you get the mom in your life or what did you get? I'd love to hear about it!

3 comments:

Cowspotdog said...

very pretty - especially the tiger eye which is one of my favorites. I always hunt around to find red tiger eye for my jewelry making. the charms are also adorable.

Do check VF for a new A-Z challenge we have going.....I think this one will be lots of fun and you are a natural at the vintage.

illyse said...

Hi Kristin,
Thanks for adding me to your blog list. I was just stopping by to say hello.
LOVE your little gifts you made. How adorable!! You are quite a talented crafter!! :)
I had a nice mother's day. Sammie ( my daugher who is 5) picked out a necklace from a boutique and was so excited to give it to me. She made me put my feet up and brought me a water and some cheese. ( too cute!) I forgot to take pics and am sooooo crushed!!! I had a fun filled weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

You make the best gifts. This set is so thoughtful and pretty. Bet Mom loved it.

Jennifer G.

Pages