Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bottle Cap Jewelry

I started this about 3 weeks ago and have finally finished it all!

I used unused bottle caps that I spray painted and drilled holes on two sides for jump rings. In order to get the patterns of papers I wanted at the scale I needed I used the packaging from different paper sets like the 7 Gypsies set. You know have they have a top cover with all pictures the different patterns a set contains. I used a 1 inch circle punch to punch out the patterns, modge podged them to the bottle caps, then used Ranger Clear Glaze to finish them.

Once they were dry I took out my bead supply and linked them together with jump rings, added little dangles and even made a matching pendant for two of the bracelets just adding dangles on one end and a bail on the other.

I did this for challenge on Vintage Flair, for an Altered Jewelry Challenge.
http://vintageflaire.ning.com/forum/topics/altered-jewelry-challenge-may
this is the one I actually entered.


The rest were just for fun!





I'll be sharing a tutorial soon on how to make your own bottle cap magnets.

2 comments:

DandoisLion DeLights said...

Very cool! Love the one you entered into the challenge.

{ erin } said...

You're totally going to start your own etsy shop, right??

These are FANTASTIC!!

Pages