Sunday, June 28, 2009

SPCC - Color Combo #3

This week's color combo:


Since I've done a 6x6 LO and a card already I thought I'd do something altered this time. I've had these lacing cards for a while with no clue what I would do with them. The color combo this week got me thinking, and since I'm still in vintage mode, my first thought was something for Grandma Lamb. Justin's grandmother has become someone I look up to and admire. "G-Ma", as Justin calls her is the reason I love doing mini albums. When we were in VA I sent her a new one every 6 months with updated photos of us and our adventures. But this is just a tad different. No photos have been added(Ok, I take that back, I put a pictures in the metal frames so show what it would be like:) ). I want to gather a few of her pictures as young woman and place them in there for her. That way she can display them on a bookself and the display is as as beautiful as she is.

The metal frames are from Making Memories, paper by DCWV & Basic Grey. I hand stamped, embossed, and cut out the butterflies, added the pearls and a bit of foam pop up on the backs.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Your entry is absolutely beautiful! Such a treasure you have created. Oh, and I love your blog!

suzARTe said...

this project is absolutely amazing,well done, it is absolutely beautiful

Joan said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love how it can be displayed and enjoyed.
By the way, your studio assistants are super cute!!

Sammye Jo said...

She will love it! Gorgeous!

Cowspotdog said...

this really is so pretty.....love how you combined all the colors.

Millie said...

How creative!! This inspires me to try something different next week! I love how you used the color scheme!

thescrapmaster said...

This is breathtakingly beautiful!! I really love it!
Hugs,
Samantha
Sp Color Combos Creator

Pages