Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Modge Podged Chipboard & Tips

In this video I'll be showing you how to use Modge podge as both an adhesive and clear coat. This one is by request thanks Kalena! If you have suggestions for future tutorials please let me know. I'll be more than happy to try and help you out with those tricky situations.



Here are pictures of how the K and L turned out. I used regular embossing powder on the K and only sanded the edges of the letter to show the white core. For the L I used an extra thick embossing powder which gives a more raised look to the embossed portions. You'll notice the K has more of a detailed pattern where the L looks alittle messy.



Here's the box I completed with the K as an embelishment. I had it as video tutorial but the video was too long so If I find a way to edit I'll post it. This box was actually the Box for Fancy Pants Chipboard. You can see the type of chipboard since I used it to embelish :).


More tips:

Modge Podge
When using modge podge always use a thin coat. You can apply multiple coats. If you use too much modge podge you might end up with bubbles. The bubbles aren't bad but if you're picky they can be horrible! Lol. Bubble often dry out and flatten. Make sure your project is completely dry before applying another coat. Again if use modge podge as an adhesive always make sure the projects is completely dry before starting the clear coat.

Papering Chipboard
You have two options for the adhesives, use double side tape or a glue like modge podge or elmers. Do not use a tape runner as it'll bring up portions of the chipboard. Use an exacto knife to cute off excess paper. To give a better look to the rough edges of the cut paper use a file, piece of sand paper or sanding block. Holding the piece with the paper facing up take your sanding tool and sand down towards the bottom of the piece. For smaller space use peices of sanding paper or small precion files. You can ink the edges of the chipboard pieces or you can leave the naked.

2 comments:

Kalena and Justin said...

Thanks so much Kris. It helped a ton and I love how you do the videos. I will rack my brain for more ideas you could do :)

Abounding Treasures said...

A fantastic tutorial -- you've inspired me to give it another try since my 1st attempt was not a success :o)

Pages