Friday, April 24, 2009

Stamping with Bleach

WARNING: BLEACH CAN RUIN AND EVEN DISOLVE SOME STAMPS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I'd never heard of stamping with bleach and when Kalena asked me to do a tutorial I was all for finding out how and the best way! I researched it was completely pleased with how simple it is. You can use regular bleach from the bottle or use one of the those on the go Clorox Bleach Pens like I did in the video below. (I happen to be pretty messy and carry the tide to go pen with me. my husband bought me the bleach pen but I was scared I'd end up ruining colored clothes so it's been in a drawer this whole time and now it's found a new and very cool use!!)

I like the idea of using the bleach pen for a few of reasons though.
uno: It's easily portable and you can store it with your craft stuff
dos: There's no danger of spilling liquid everywhere
tres: I'm sure i'll have more after I try the regular bleach :).

(Notice my minamal use of spanish, well thats because I don't know it lol!)






I also wanted to show you a project using the stamps and bleach so I did a pretty simple card to show you the different effects.

3 comments:

Kalena and Justin said...

Love it I would have never thought to use the bleach pens. Thanks Kris and I cant wait for the bottle demmo.:)

Cowspotdog said...

That is a great tutorial but you forgot to mention that bleach can also damage your stamps....I learned that the hard way. Not all of them, but some brands seem more prone. I had one of my favorite flourish actually dissolve even after it was washed thoroughly :(

Msippi said...

Oh wow, that is very cool! TFS

Pages